HOW A COMPANY
PENSION PLAN CAN
Company pensions can provide a fantastic opportunity for employers and employees to help achieve their retirement goals. They can benefit from very favourable tax reliefs - on contributions, on fund growth and when drawing down retirement benefits. Company pensions provide individuals with control over how they invest their funds by offering a wide range of investment options to suit all risk appetites.
They can also provide a possible solution in supporting clients’ inheritance tax planning for themselves and their families.
WIDE RANGE OF INVESTMENT
Pensions allow for a wide range of investment options to suit the risk appetite of every client. • This includes investments in equities, bonds, property and also other secure options.
GENEROUS TAX RELIEF
Employer contributions can be set against corporation tax • Employee does not have to pay Benefit-In-Kind (BIK) on employer contributions paid • Income tax relief is available on employee contributions.
TAX FREE GROWTH
Under current legislation the State does not apply tax on the growth of the funds.
RETIREMENT. TAX-FREE LUMP SUM
• Tax free lump sum available up to €200,000
• Choice of tax free lump sum available. Either 25% of the fund or up to 1.5 x final salary
CHOICE OF INCOME OPTIONS
Flexible drawdown of income available through ARF products
• Guaranteed income options available through Annuity products
• Income drawdown in retirement is subject to tax
Protect your fund both in service and in retirement
• Lump sums and pension options for your spouse / dependants
• Ability to pass on your assets to your estate from an ARF